Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thoughts From the Walks

On days when the weather is nice enough and there are no errands to run, I like to take the boys on a nice long walk. They enjoy getting out into the sun and looking at all the buildings and cars and things. I enjoy their silence and generally pretend that I'm exercising. The other nice benefit for me is the amount of time to get lost in thought. We're out for about an hour and for a guy who's main form of conversation is along the lines of, "No." "Mickey Mouse?" "Share please, let's use our manners."..all manner of thoughts occur when I finally have a chance to think them. So, what very well may be the first "installment" of: Thoughts From the Walks!

Coin Laundry.

I know for a fact that the first time I ever saw an actual business with the actual name "Coin Laundry" was my freshman year of high school. My friend's Mom was driving me home, and there it was. I'm not sure what ideas you have to turn down in order to get to the point where you throw up your hands and say, "Just call it Coin Laundry." I both like and hate this as a name.

During my walk I was reminded of that first building, and I should mention that I've seen lots of generic business names since, but none captured the true lazy nature of Coin Laundry. I started thinking of what my generic business name would be. What would a stay at home dad put on the side of a building?

I haven't really decided, but the one my mindthoughts liked the best was:

Ass Wipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment